Small Package Preparation Tips for Easy, Fast, and Reliable Shipping Experience
Packing personal items, electronics or an irregular shaped container can be very tricky to fit into a shipping box or barrel. These 5 shipping tips are designed to help you pack your cargo shipments properly and get the best deal on small package or barrel shipping .
1. Save money with flat rate shipping — Contact a large cargo shipping company offering daily or weekly flight schedules to your specific delivery destination. Use your internet search engine to query a local Small Package Service or Barrel shipping company offering flat rate shipping starting at $35.00 for small packages and ask about barrel rates, too. Flat rate shipping allows customers to pay less while shipping more.
2. Wrap contents with Bubble Wrap and other materials — All shipments should be carefully wrapped to provide cushioning. This helps the contents of the package avoid getting damaged while being shipped.
3. Fill the box or barrel with packing peanuts to hold contents in place — The contents of the small package or barrel need to be held in place so they don’t shift around while in transit. Fill the container with packing peanuts to hold the contents in the middle.
4. Clearly label all fragile shipments — Place fragile labels on small packages or container so handlers take extra care with the box or barrel.
5. Purchase cargo shipping insurance — Shipping insurance is inexpensive, and it protects the shipper fully should the shipment get lost or damaged.
Now, you are ready to schedule a cargo pick-up timeframe or drop-off at your local cargo shipping provider. Remember to contact your local cargo shipping provider for any questions and friendly customer service support.